Cargo bed cooling suggestions?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I really needed a cooler bed, I think I would route the AC supply that goes to the rear of the center console (assuming you have one) into the bed somehow.

Just a thought. And welcome.

grump

I'm sensing a member project--a big manifold that routes air from the cabin through the open rear window and down through a hole in the tonneau cover. :)

I realize that this might not be financially practical, but do any other brands of covers cause more or less heat buildup in the bed?

for the sake of suffocation, I hope not,

Well, since the factory cover leaks soo much water, and air is thinner than water, There should not be any suffocation issues,.....:lol::p

Todd Z

I realize that this might not be financially practical, but do any other brands of covers cause more or less heat buildup in the bed?{/quote]

Here goes :)

Sure, buy a shell! Open the windows.... or better yet, get one of those inflatable seals that goes between the topper and the cab and then open the windows between the shell and cab and turn the a/c on.

:)

I think that a vent could be cut into the front of the bed on each side, Between the cab and the bed. It couldn't be seen, and would be somewhat shielded from water entering by the bed of the truck. The front of the bed is concave, so it would (theoretically) tend to funnel air behind the cab and in towards the vents, causing a pretty good airflow while the vehicle is in motion, or when it is windy. As was stated by others, there is a sizable gap at the bottom of the tailgate which would allow air to flow out the back easily.

I think you need to trade in your St and get an expedition or excursion. That way your golf clubs will be as warm or cold as your are.

I still think this thread is a joke.

Latest posts