carpet

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keith wallace01ST

Reaction score
So i bought my bed extender and the person i bought it form gave me a new ford carpet the is for my trac... I am not sure if putting a carpet in the trac is a good thing or not... What do you think ....

sorry guys i should have said it was a interior carpet

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to think things will slide, maybe not any easier than if the items were on the bed itself though.

The rubber mat from Ford is worth EVERY penny....

If you are talking about a bed carpet. I would rather have the rubber bed mat. Things wont slide on it. If you are talking about carpet for the inside floor. That is up to what you like. If you are going to get it dirty alot. The rubber floor is easier to clean. Iam a street person. I might eventualy put in carpet. Not high on my list though.

Well since it's interior carpet it's e personal preference. If your feet are most of the time muddy or dirty whatever i would keep the plastic in there. But it's all up to you. Me personaly mouldn't put it in there, because i'm always hunting and what not.

A key selling point (right after cost) over the supercrew from me was the fact that the ST came with NO carpet. Living in FL with all the sand and as much as we go off road camping and riding, I wanted the vinyl floor.

Carpet may decrease the interior noise, and if you do not get dirty often, you may enjoy the carpet.

Like Tyler said, it is a preference. Not one for me, but others may like it.

gp

Yeah this is why i have not put it in... The carpet is worth like $400 so i dont know i do alott of camping and fishing so it get durty i like that i can wash the floor down and wipe it dry....

What color is the carpet?

While I like the rubber floor, if you give it to me, I will give you details how I like/dislike the carpet and if you should have kept it yourself. ;)

Tom

Latest posts