CB mount

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe M 2

Reaction score
Where is a good place to mount a CB? Also how can I mount an antenna w/out a magnet and so that it isn't to obtrusive since I use my bed cover?

My CB is mounted in my glovebox, and my antenna is on top of the cab, just above the 3rd brakelight. The cable runs through a notch in the brakelight (sealed with black silicone) around and above the pass side doors, down the pass side A pillar and into the glovebox to the CB. The only bad part about having the radio in there is that it's hard to reach the controls (but the channel change controls are on the mic) and it takes up most of the space in the glovebox. Soon I'll be changing it out for a Cobra unit with everything on the mic. As you can see in the picture, my antenna base is just above the 3rd brake light, I have a steel whip, and I park in a garage. It just makes alot of racket scraping in and out and banging on the top of the garage door.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I used to be really into the CB thing back in the 70's, but stopped because the noise out there was louder than anyone's transmission. The skip factor was big too. Talked to a guy in Italy like he was next door. I had a 40 channel Tram unlocked and was able to "slide" all over the bandwidth. So how is the noise these days? Gary D. in CT

i have a EMS radio mounted at the end of my center counsel..i have a shorty though,,,jsut a thought...ill get some pics for u...i mounted my antenna in the engine compartment with an L bracket...heres the pic...sorry its a little BIG...[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts