CB mounting problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe M 2

Reaction score
Posted earlier needing CB mount suggestions and got some replies....thanks by the way. My problem is my CB is apparently gigantic. It's a Cobra Nightwatch 29 WX NW ST. And it's deminsions are 9.5 inches deep X 7.5 inches wide X 2.5 inches tall (No I didn't buy such a big CB...it was a gift...apparently a nice gift).

My CB is too big to fit in 2 of the 3 suggested places, and my center console is not a contiunouse piece right up to the A/C controls.

I think maybe I could mount it right beneath the A/C controls and totally block of my ash tray (don't smoke anyway) and my cig. lighter.

Concern's or comments.

You can mount it there, but how about on the side of the transmission hump toward the passenger floor, This is where I mount all my cb's.. OR go buy a floor mount and mount it between the two peices of the console..

Todd Z

Joe, I looked, Couldn't find any, Can you turn the bracket upside down, use only 2 screws on the radio and mount the bracket to the face of the short console where the arm rest is??

Todd Z

B,

What are those rocker switches for next to the CB?

Thanks and have a good one

Bob

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
those are for all my lights, 2 sets fog lights, ford emblem , back up fogs, back up warning, [Broken External Image]:

Latest posts