CD Eject

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have the standard single disk CD player that came with my 2004 Sport track. Placed a CD in today and when I went to eject it would not let me. Got some sort of CD ERR code. I dont know if I had another disk in there or not. The CD played the music fine. Does anyone no how I can get the disk out without having to remove the unit? :angry:

I don't recall if there is a physical eject capability on the front or not. There may be a small hole (about 1mm) where you can insert something small like a paper clip wire to eject a disc.

Yardsale, I checked and could not locate any hole of this type. The only holes appear to be the ones that the the radio removal tool would go into. I like to get the CD out as it is my 7 year olds favorite. Put it in for her for a car ride now she is pissed she cant listen to it in the house. Not to mention that now I am going to get stuck listening to Kelly Clarkson.:eek:

I have the 6 disc changer, once in a while I have a CD ERROR pop up on display an the CD will not eject. I turn off the CD player then turn it back on and hit eject again, the CD (at least the times it's done it to me) gets stuck in the feed tray. I use a thin pocket knife to slid it in the feed tray and lift the CD up a bit while hitting eject at the same time. The CD has popped out every single time I've done this. I may work with your player if you can see the CD sticking/sitting on the feed tray .

Hyjack, IF you shut the truck off then push the eject button I should eject the cd. Another thing to try is disconnect the battery. the single cd automatically ejects when the battery is disconnected..

Todd Z

Thanks everyone I have tried everything so far other then the pocket knife. I will try that tommorow. What brand name is this stereo. It is the one that came standard with the 04 trac. There is no info in the manual to tell me. I was hoping that maybe I could call the manufacture and they could tell me how to to it. Or maybe better yet that might have a web site. :(

... now she is pissed she cant listen to it ...

Hyjack77 - you are in a world of serious hurt. When the pain reaches the $15.00 level, get her a new CD and fix the player later - save yourself, then the car!

Try remove the unit with the bezel to see if there is an eject port on the sides or back.

Maybe Pioneer. I think I recall seeing that somewhere.

I don't know if the trick I used on my 6 dics will work, but it is worth a try. The rubber eject rollers are notoriously fickle with some thinner cd's , especially home burns.

Can you hear the transport motor trying to eject the cd? If so, slide a credit card or business card on one side of the cd (I usually went on the top side), this should put enough pressure on the eject rollers to get a grip on the disc. Sometimes I had to twist the card a little to get enough pressure.

I used to have the same problem with my six disc changer. I did the same as OFF TRAC did for a long time. Finally that wouldn't work anymore and I had to replace the whole head unit. I got the cd's out by disassembling the changer once I got it out.

i had the same problem when i had my system installed...the guy who installed it took the head unit back out and we found a red band "thingy" that was stuck in the CD slit...had to take a chance and forced it back into its normal spot...everthing works fine now...i bet u have the same problem...take the head unit out and slide something small enough in the CD slit...the red band is on the left side...you will feel it when you slide the tool in the slot...