CD Error

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Jones 2

Reaction score

Hello, I just purchased a OEM 6 disk pioneer audio system to replace the one in my sport trac that broke on me. I purchased it off ebay. I"m getting a CD Error message, All Slots Full message, and Initializing message. Is there a trick to getting the CD player to work after installing it? I just plugged in the wires in the back and hit the on button. Thxs, jj

It may be the format of the cd or the cd is damaged scratches, dirty etc. Sometimes a cd can get one scratched where data is missing from the cd and cause the cd to be unreadable. That generally happens with the first track. Maybe someone has a better analogy can chime in.

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
if it was shipped with out a shipping bracket,and was turned upside down at any time, then the cd carrier has more than likely is loose inside or out of alignment.It can be repaired I believe. If not there is a repaired 6 changer assy for sell on ebay the ends today._ Ron

Had it happen with my factory 6 disk player once. I turned the truck off and on and then held down eject for about 10 seconds (to force it to try to eject all the disks). Maybe give that a try.

Latest posts