CEL came on

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M Arnold03

Reaction score
CEL came on today when I started the ST :(. Went to auto zone and got a code P0455 saying emission control system leak (large). The ST seems to be running fine. Anybody have any ideas. TIA

Mike

Look in the drivers side wheel well under the gas filler door, There are several tubes, See if any are loose or broken...

Todd Z

Todd I really appreciate quick response. I checked the tubes and did'nt find anything loose or broken but in the last month or two the check fuel cap light has come on twice and I have just cleared it by disconnecting the battery. Do you think the cap could be bad.

There is also a line that runs just above the drivers side front wheel well. That tube was part of a recall due to an emissions issue. It comes undone and allows dirt into the tube and it screws up the filling of the fuel tank in some cases. Normally, it just trips the CEL with an explanation of a minor emissions vacuum leak.

Marnold

My CEL light came on last week, took it to the dealership and coastiejoe is right, they have a recall to replace the tube and a sensor for engine pressure. After they replaced the items I was good to go with no CEL light. And the best thing of all at no cost to me