Center console armrest cracking - where to buy a replacement?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brian b 2

Reaction score
I tried contacting ReVinyl, but they didn't anything for 2003 model year.

Is there another company that can re-upholster my armrest?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Which center console do you have? I replaced the cover on my long console. Got it off ebay and did it myself.

Tom

I bought the material to recover it myself from an eBay vendor. See the link below. If you do a search using keywords "Explorer Console Lid" on eBay, you'll see a couple of different vendors selling recovering kits, and also several actual lids for sale.

Word of caution: If you're looking at one of the lids, make sure that it's not for a 2002-up Explorer, because those years have a different console than the ST. You can also search for a lid for a pre-2002 Mountaineer. Same console lid as the Gen 1 ST.

Caymen - it's the center console with radio and ac adjustment for the rear passengers.

TrainTrac - Thanks for the link. I'll give ReVinyl a try. I'm not concern if the color doesn't match 2003 model year.

I'll vouch for the suggested EBay seller - just did mine with them about 2 weeks ago - perfect match and not hard to do. I have an 01 ST with charcoal interior.

Oh wait, i didn't realize that 03 might have changed? Mine is the same with the Radio / AC Adjustment on the back so maybe it's just the color matching

Last edited by a moderator:
If your center console isn't cracking yet, you might want to take the proactive step of cleaning it more often, or putting a textile cover over the vinyl one. I think the oils from your skin, and sweat, etc combined with sunlight lead to the cracking. I got some very inexpensive micro-fiber material (like suede) from a fabric store that matches the dark gray in my leather seats (I think I paid $12), I just used a staple gun to attach it. Looks great, and it's a lot more comfortable than the vinyl, doesn't get as hot or as cold.

Latest posts