Certain Pepboys on my Hate List!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Ok, so if some of yall remember about two weeks ago before the L'ville meet, I had my upper/lower ball joints, and brakes done at Pepboys for $1300. and because of the bad joints i had before I got brand new tires ($650). So everything was fine and dandy, until 2 days ago when I went for a left turn on a Busy Busy street, and my Steering wheel locked. I had to swirve right, back into the intersection lane. Luckily I didnt hit anybody. I pulled in a parking lot and my wheels were stuck to the right, and I could not straighten nor turn them left. So, I figured it had to be something with the joints and something to do with Pepboys. I got it towed the next day and turns out One of the mechanics hand tightened a screw but didnt go back for it. So I was pissed, and demanded it be fixed for free, and for me to get 2 new front tires, as the 2 week old ones were already worn down to almost metal in the inside of it. This morning I went to pick up the ST and, behold 2 new tires in the front, but they were a different brand and a completly different tread. (orignals= street, pepboys= mountain and snow). So, being even more pissed I, demanded to get a refund so I can go buy some more of the Original tires. But they said they dont refund other stores tires. After continuous argueing, They finally agreed to give me same orginal tires. I still await for them to call me back so I can go pick my baby up :(. Now, Im not saying all pepboys are bad, but this one I will never go back to that certain one. Thanks for letting me blow steam, and sorry for the long story.

Boodro

My wife took the Beemer in to Pep Boys for a brake squeak once(next to her office)- the service mgr told her the car needed new front and rear brakes- it was a 328 with 8k miles that we bought new!:lol:

Lasik1 I bet your wife won't do that again.lol. Again, find a local speed shop to work on your vehicles especially if they are not in warranty anymore. I've never had good luck with any Ford dealer in my area. You can even call down to your local race track school and they will give you a handful or recommendations to work on your vehicle.