Changed my Delivery date ... :(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyB

Reaction score
I was originally told June 26th, then June 27th.

I called Ford 800# last week and they told me that it was released from the factory and on its way. Now I call again yesterday and my dealer has no idea whats happening, same story as from the begining.

I call Ford again and the guy tells me that he has 4 different dates. The latest is it is leaving the plant on June 30th and arrives at dealer on July 7th. What the hell? The told me it was in the computer that it already left a few days ago.

Any ford employees can help me out with some up to date info? I'll email you my VIN.

Are you sure they aren't selling the ST to someone else who will give them more money?? Is yours on the X-Plan?? If it is they don'tmake much money on it, and selling it to a guy off the street would net them some more....

What 800 number do you call?? I ordered back on June 8th and have a delivery date of July 24th. What kind of info can you get from calling that number?

It is an X plan.

I called 800-392-3672.

I put my order in May 5th. Gopt a build date of June 12 and a delivery date of June 26/27.

Now they are saying July 7.

I'm in NYC where are you? Maybe you are closer to where it is built or to where the train is that delivers it? I assume it is on a freight train to get closer to the area where it is going. Then onto a car carrier?

I'm pretty sure they are delivered by train to New Jersey, then brought to College Point by truck, then they go to the dealers. The trains that carry cars are too tall to come into NYC so thats why they stop in New Jersey. If you go over the Outerbridge Crossing from staten island to new jersey, you can see all the new cars & trucks lined up for miles and miles. It's pretty amazing to see.

Thanks for the info John. I remember seeing that a few years, probably the only time I crossed that bridge, it is an amazing sight. I went to that yard in College Point years ago to look at a Chevy Blazer with my brother. Hope it does not spend too much time there. The place was flooded and the blazer was in about 2 feet of water parked on a slope. The drivers side tires were almost covered. That was the old days of HB Chevy on Northern Blvd. No wonder they went out of business.

Those lots should be completely swamped and flooded after the rain we have been having. Lucky me. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you care?

I guess you are trying to get a reaction from me. I couldnt really care if you lived or died, and even less about your posts. take it easy. :D

Ummm ok :blink:. Just so you know- HB Chevrolet is now on Austin Street near the 112 precinct in Forest Hills. I'm pretty sure it's the same owner as years ago.