Changing door key pad code

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Gau

Reaction score
Last night someone went threw my truck and stole my owners manual which had the door code written in the book. I know the code but now want to change it. Is it possible to change the code on the drivers door? 2001 Thanks.:fire:

The original code cannot be changed, however you can add an additional personal code, but the original factory code will always remain and cannot be deactivated.

My guess is that Ford cannot change the code without either changing the computer or the Security control module and that will probably be very expensive?

...Rich

Had the same thing happen...over past 8 months been picked clean in the driveway of my own home:angry: The final straw was losing sentimental items of no worth.

Nope cannot change permanent code. To replace module 500+ dollars, for dealership to unplug by going thru driver's inside door panel 150+. Found in member project area here post of changeing speakers I think. Printed it out, I am going to try to do this myself.

Then, think to myself what if they cannot get into the truck will they then break out window. What to do...there is nothing left for them to get, don't put anything back in. Cannot leave doors unlocked, insurance if truck stolen voided. I think. So right now decision is to leave as is. Thoughts of booby trap BIG RAT TRAP come to mind...any ideas? Dianne

I would buy a replacement module from a salvage yard. Get it shipped from another state as this way the shop that will be sending the module (aka code) to you will not be from the area...

Update.... a neighbor found the owners manual two doors down. So I'm pretty sure once they realized that is was of no value they ditched it. Lesson learned. Thanks for the comments.DAM KIDS!:soap:

When I bought the trac new, I programmed a new code immediately and put the card in my safe.

Glad you got your manual & card back! You're lucky!

'07 ST

Last edited by a moderator:
Then, think to myself what if they cannot get into the truck will they then break out window. What to do...there is nothing left for them to get, don't put anything back in. Cannot leave doors unlocked, insurance if truck stolen voided. I think. So right now decision is to leave as is. Thoughts of booby trap BIG RAT TRAP come to mind...any ideas? Dianne

Just a thought, but you could try setting up a camera or some sort of recording device that will record during the hours that you are asleep.