Changing out the Radiator

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnPenny Peluso

V6 Engine
4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
Reaction score
Before I change out the Radiator on the 07- V6, I was thinking I am going to loose a little bit of ATF in this project.

I understand the dip stick on the transmission is directly on the transmission. Not up into the engine compartment. Is this correct? Is there anything else different about checking or adding ATF to the transmission?

:boohoo:

You wont loose but a teaspoon full. Just let it set and cool down. the fluid will drain backto the pan.

When I ccut my lines for the extra external filter. I lost no fluid. Only had to add the difference for the filter.

Well, now I know why no one responded to my post. Because we can't change the radiator. At least on a build one (07), my experance was that the radiator can not be lifted out of the radiator mount untill you disconect the refregent lines from the condenser. Of course you have to purge you A/C system to do so. Once the lines have been removed, then the whole radiator assembly, including the condenser can be pulled out of the truck. The condenser has to be removed from the mount so you can lift the radiator out of the mount.:kiss_it:

So, because I don't do A/C work, I sent it to the dealer.

If you are intrested. 595 for the Ford radiator, 30 for engine coolant, and 350 labor. Two days in the shop.:cheeky:

Latest posts