Check engine and blinking O/D light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwain Hagan

Reaction score
I'm worried. I just went to the store and noticed my '02 was shifting a little funny. Then the check engine light came on. On the way home the O/D light started blinking on and off. Anyone run across this before? What could it be? Thanks.

Dwain

Ah, the dreaded 'blinking O/D light of death'. This usually indicates that you're having a valve body solenoid problem. Is the 'funny shifting' between 2nd & 3rd gear?

I had an 02 with the same problem... about 2 grand later it's now fixed... gotta love those transmissions...

Well, OD flashing lights are never a good thing. However, since you had an Engine Light come on first you may be in luck. Get to Autozone and let them plug into your OBD II data port. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING. Come back here and post the code.

We will go from there...

talk about the crappiest tranny ford has made. im on transmission number 4. i rode the factory one till about a year ago, then it crapped out on me. so i bought a new one with a 3 year warrenty.... and since then ive gone thru two more. i just recently got it back for the 4th time.... if the o/d light is flashing and ur tracs not still under warrenty plan on spending at least $1000 if not more. sorry for the bad news. youre check engine light probably came no because of a bad tp sensor.