Check Engine Error 401

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roger B

Reaction score
My check engine light lit up and I took the journey to AutoZone to have it read. They reset the error and it returned in about 250 miles. The error is a 401 and I have no luck in searching for that error on the board. The guy also said it was an EVAP or something like that, I asked him to repeat it twice and both times this is how I understood it. I have close to 85K miles on the Trac.

Anybody know what the "fix" for this error is, part number and possible cost? Also, if you know the part needed, please point me in the direction I may be able to find in on the engine. If there is a project for this fix posted, that anybody knows of, let me know that also. All of this "newer" technology baffles me.

Thank you all so much!!!

You have part of the code. Your missing a letter an a number, that is why the searches have not worked...

Almost sounds like a DPFE sensor issue or the egr..

Todd Z

I had the same error on my 2001 explorer sport, i took it to the dealer and they told me it could be related to the kkm that i had insltalled at the time... i really doubt it.

they replaced the dpfe sensor for a little less than $40... never came back and still had the kkm in it.