check engine light at 60 K

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Pfitzer

Reaction score
I have 63K on my 01 Trac and the check engine light just appeared. Are there any maintenance or service issues that this could be giving me warning?

There is something like 100 different codes it could be. You need to go to Autozone or someplace like it and get the codes read.

DON'T buy anything based on the info they pull. Come back here and post the codes. No one knows more information on Sport Tracs better than us here....

Once we get the code(s) we will steer yo in the correct direction...

My check engine light just came on also. I have a 01 with 70,000 miles on it. I am having my tranny flushed this Thursday (175.00). After that I am going to go to autozone and see what the problem is.

To build onto what Coastiejoe said.

Lets take for example the DPFE sensor. There are a number of codes that point to the DPFE sensor being bad. Autozone will tell you a code that says "EGR Flow unsufficient" would mean the EGR valve is bad or cloged up. You could end up replacing an EGR valve in perfect working order when the EGR sensor is the actual culpret.

Get the codes from Autozone and let us know what they are. We will steer you in the right direction. none of us here have anything to gain by having you buy a bunch of stuff you don't need. The guys from Autozone do.

Tom

Yeah, What Tom said.... LOL

He is correct though. Save your money and let others here that are much more familiar with the Trac help you out. For what you save you can buy us lunch.....