Check Engine Light - EGR Insufficient Flow

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Miller

Reaction score
Check engline light just showing up now at 60,500 miles. 2002 model.

I have a Mac Air flow intake chrome tube with the exposed air filter. Have had that for about 15-20,000 miles now.

I took the truck to auto zone and they hooked it up to the diag machine and it said

EGR Valve Insufficient Flow.

Anyone know what this means, and could my intake be causing it now, several thousand miles later??

HELP!

its under warranty by Ford take it into the dealer. Its on extended warranty from FORD factory. DPFE sensor egr are no good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had that recently on my '02 with 85K.

Replacing the DPFE sensor fixed it. Contact Rusty about getting a new one, if you think the dealer might give you any trouble because od the MAC air flow mod.

Happened to me after 34,000 miles,brought it to the dealer as I have an extended warranty & they changed the DPFE sensor the CEL is gone. Search for Check Engine Light & you will see all the responses. :)

Dan

DPFE sensor. If you are friends with your salesman, ask him to run an OASIS on your VIN number to make sure the DPFE is covered and to what mileage. If it is covered, take it to the dealer. Make sure you tell them that it will be covered by the DPFE warranty under campaign (whatever the OASIS gives you). That will shake the service manager up as o who he might be dealing with.

If it isn't covered uder warranty, then fix it yourself.

Tom

Evan aka ld KUD 50, it's still under warranty for this sensor? It has 60,500 miles. I didn't buy an extended warranty.

If I take it to where I bought it, Ford dealership, and tell them the DPFE sensor needs to be replaced they will do it for free?

Ford extended the coverage for addition miles and years. Think it was upped to 75,000 miles. But it is a cheap part and an easy fix if you choose to do it your self.

I believe the letter I got from Ford for my 2001 Sport Trac said that the DPFE sensor was given a warranty extension of only 24K miles beyond the standard 36K mile warranty. That would mean you are past the 60K mile extended DPFE warranty.

Also, the DPFE sensor is not covered under the 80K mile Federal emissions warranty. That appears to only cover the main components (the expen$ive ones) and the auto manufacturer gets to pick what parts fall under the Federal emissions warranty requirements.

I think they only cost about $30 and are very easy to replace. Just unbolt the old one and bolt on the new one.

..Rich

No. Autozone won't have it. It seems like it is a Ford Service Part and not a Motorcraft part. Motorcraft is Fords Genuine parts. Ford Service Parts are only sold by dealers and they are Ford only parts.

Maybe our resident Ford Technition can explain what I am trying to say.

Tom

Latest posts