Check engine light help!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been battling with this check engine light for at least 5 months. I took it to my mechanic orininally because it had and still has a noticable idle miss. He read the code and it was telling him that the problem was the EG something valve. He checked that and said that there was no problem with it and he did a full tune up and fuel filter change on the truck. I got it back and I still noticed and heard the miss although the check engine light was off and the truck was running very nice. This lasted for a few days and then the light came back on. He went over everything again and the same thing happened again with the light comming back on. This guy has been my mechanic for years. We attend the same church and see each other on a daily basis, so I do believe he is being honest and is doing all he knows how to do. What is the next step? Has anyone had or heard of this problem before?:(

He may be your friend and very trustworthy, but I am guessing he has not stayed up with the times.

Get the actual code number and post it here. I would bet a lot of money we can give you a correct answer.

FIRST !!!

Check this elbow !!!!!! IT has been known to crack~~

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

SECOND !!!!!!!!

Change the DPFE sensor !!!!

[Broken External Image]:

Thanks for the help. Sorry it took so long to reply, I have been on vacation. I did get the code and the code is 0401. It read insufficient air flow in the EGR Valve. Is this hard to replace if I decided to do it myself? Thanks for all of your help.:D