Check Engine Light update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew McBride

Reaction score
Took the Trac to Auto Zone to have them hook it up to the computer to find out what caused the check engine light to come on. Their computer said it was a defective EGR flow value which was causing exccessive flow. I called my dealer and he told me it sounded like it was the DPS sensor?? Under warrenty 7 years or 50K so she is going in Monday afternoon to have surgery. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any input on this problem? Would like to hear from you....wish me luck...:unsure:

-Matt

Matt,

Just like Coastiejoe said, It's a common problem. The DPFE (Differential Pressure Feedback EGR) sensor can detect the amount of exhaust gas flowing in the transfer tube between the EGR and intake and signals the computer to the amount of EGR gas at any given time.

This sensor has been prone to failure and probably 25% of the people here have had to have them replaced. The DPFE sensor is also used on other Ford vehicles and it is also a common point of failure on all of them.

...Rich

Like they said, but add the cracked vaccum hose to your search. There are pictures posted to show you what to look for under the hood. We didn't see it until we referenced the pictures. AutoZone told us exactly the same thing.