Check engine light update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
This was the code given to me at autozone today.

P0134

Is it still the DPFE sensor? I searched for this code and didn't find anything. I even searched for P1034 thinking i went dyslexic but no luck either. The guy told me it was an 02 temperature sensor, and cost 64.99

Last edited by a moderator:
P0134 Heated O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1, Sensor 1)

Your 02 sensor heater isn't working properly. I could say that replacing it maybe the way to go but I dont know what you have as far as mods go. If you have a CAI or aftermarket MAF then this could be an issue that is suiting up your 02 and causing it to fail. Of couse it could just be the o2 sensor itself? How many miles do you have on your vehicle? Most of the time when an 02 sensor starts giving codes its not that it is bad but rather that it is telling you that the engine cannot adjust anymore for fuel trims that are off. That could be caused by worn out spark plugs, old fuel filter or just a dirty air filter. Most of the time though these are lean or rich codes, not heater circuit malfunction codes.

Check into Bank 1 sensor 1 which is the Passenger's side Front 02 sensor. If you have more then 60K miles on it while you're under the hood pull a plug and check the gap.

Thanks, Doug.

the trac has 75k on it, the fuel filter was changed in july, and it's got a k&n filter in the regular intake. I cleaned it about 15k miles ago, so i would assume its not time for another cleaning. I had been expecting to see the other standard codes, but when i got that one i was kind of perplexed.

So you recommend changing the sensor? Do you think i can find them cheaper online?

Thanks alot for the help, i really appreciate it.

Conrad.