Check Engine Light Warrenty???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Well my check engine light has been going off and on ever since I got it. I took it to Autozone the first time and they coulnt read anything, so just to make sure I went to a different one, and still nothing. So I came on here and learned that sometimes restarting my battery works, so I did that many times and even got a new one, still no work. So I left it and now for a month or so its been on all the time, so just to make sure I go to the autozone by my house and have them check, and it didnt read. But the guy there told me that there should be a (he thinks its 7) 7 year warrenty and a state law that the dealership has to fix my truck for free so it is able to be read. Is this true? thanks in advanced

Boodro

Last edited by a moderator:
Boodro,

There is an 8 year 80K mile emmissions warranty that covers many major emmission control equipment but only the dealership knows exactly what is covered under that warranty. They cannot tell you if it's covered util they test it and determine what is failing.

If your computer is getting an error from one of the sensors and is not storing that error code, the computer replacement may be covered but not the sensor that failed.

After your vehicle is repaired you can compare the parts they replaced with a list of parts that is covered under the 8 year/80K mile Federal Emmissions Warranty. The dealership's parts depart is supposed to be able to provide that list for youre specific model and year.

...Rich