Check engine light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a 01 sport trac, my check engine light came on, so I did what everybody else does I took it to autozone. They told me the egr valve was bad so I replaced it.. But the light is still on HELP PLEASE! Another strage thing happens when I put the truck in park it stalls,umm strage uh:wub:

Try unplugging the ac plug under the hood...Looks like a computer keyobard plugin-round with metal points inside...worked for me.

Andy

Andy, Please let me know where that plug is located! Are you talking about the ac plug that is located where the ac bottle is @? Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem on my 01', although I had a crack in the 1'' vacumn line on the top of the engine. I was able to use a radiator hose to replace due to the location and heat produced from the engine from autozone. Make sure you take your old one in cause one side is slightly smaller than the other. Autozone checked it again and the said it was the EGR valve. I replaced that disconnected the battery to reset onboard idiot box. Light still came on. Realizing Autozone cannot diagnos everything with the machine I was forced to go to dealership. There Diagnostics said it was an oxygen sensor. haven't had a problem since. Oxygen sensor was tripped most likely from dirty air comming in from vaccumn line. (listen for a hissing sound while moving some of the vaccumn lines on top of engine)

might be the dpfe sensor, that activates the egr valve...be sure and disconnest the battery for 10 min. let the ecu reset after repair...

I have the same problem. So where is the oxy sensor located? Is the solution for replacing the EGR valve an easy fix that I can do? I poked around the area that the elbow is located, but it seemed to be okay and not broken or split, or just not a visible hole to see. I had had this strange up and down idling purr, so I poked around the EGR valve and the "plug" thingy that connects to the top of it and lo and behold the idling stopped! I think maybe that area was where the problem was for that, so I will replace it asap!