Check Engine Light...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Kulbaba

Reaction score
heya everyone...

I went yesterday to pick up my new tires, and partially the way home my Check Engine light came on...

The truck seems to be running same as ever, there are no visual problems that I can see...

What are the most common reasons for this?

I just want to have a clue when I take it in.

Thanks!

Go to Autozone or Advance Auto get codes read..they do it for free.....then post codes on this site....do not buy anything from them till you check with this site...could be the common vacuum elbow crack.....post the codes here for info!

Im in Canada, we dont have an Autozone... Ill try Partsource that we have here see if they can do it.

Trust me though, I wont do a thing to my ST without checking here ;)

Thank you!

Okay, so the person that checked my code didnt give me the code #, but he did say that is was...

EGR Insuffiecient Flow

?

DPFE sensor is probably in need of replacement, that's the common issue around here. I did mine just last month. Sensor cost about $35 US if I remember correctly and takes less then 5 minutes to replace.. Below is a link to a post about it with pictures.

Replace the DPFE sensor...do a search and you will come up with more info and photos of it..good luck