Check Engine Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys... long time no post!

My check engine light just came on and I got codes 171,174, and 300. I was told that the 171 and 174 was related to O2 sensors, but I can't figure out the 300...

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Anthony

First, BUY NOTHING...

Look at this vacuum line and I will bet that it is defective. DO NOT just look at it, pull it and look at the bottom of it.

Once you replace it, reset the light and see if any of it comes back...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Your 300 code is, P0300 Random Misfire Detected.

This can easily be a result of the vacuum line as well. Too much air not enough fuel to air ratio.

Hey, the 300 pissed me off for years. Only happens at highway speed, then you mash the gas pedal to wide open throttle, RPMS sort of hang around 4800, Check Engine Light starts to flash, then it goes away, but after 3 occurances, it stays lit?

Do you happen to have a small and annoying coolant leak you can't pinpoint?

I don't know why, Ford replaced my water pump, 300 no more. I think I was the only one on the site to have the problem.

I also read a TSB about the valve springs with the exact same condition as I described above.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a dealer item..but you can take it to a parts store and match it up, as some here have...