check engine light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Peterson

Reaction score
My check engine light came on and i checked it at autozone. it came back with code P1451

Definition: EVAP system canister vent solenoid circuit malfunction

Explanation: ECM detected the canister vent solenid signal moved outside the calibrated parameters at a specific duty cycle

Probable causes: 1. Failed canister vent solenoid, 2. Open or shorted circuit condition.

I have searched and found nothing about this. Any ideas.

thanks

Mark

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1012421&sitename=mysporttrac

thanks todd i already saw that and it really didn;t help me.

It says to do this:

To verify normal function, monitor the EVAP canister vent solenoid signal PID EVAPCV and the signal voltage (PCM control side). With the valve open, EVAPCV will indicate 0 percent duty cycle and the voltage approximately equal to battery voltage. When the valve is commanded fully closed, EVAPCV will indicate 100% duty cycle and a voltage drop of 4 volts minimum is normal. Output test mode may be used to switch output ON/OFF to verify function

how is this done?

where is the CV solenoid?

thanks

mark

Mark, there are a couple on the truck based on the year, some under the hood and some under the truck...

Check out rockauto.com and look your truck and in the emissions section I think is where you will find out how many you have and pricing on the part...

Todd Z