check engine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hay folks, I saw a check engine light this am. The meter shows an 01/01 fault. and it says pending 00. The book that came with the meter only shows 0101 and it says something about the MAF. So, I am not sure what the trouble is. Should I go clean the MAF sensor, or does 01/01 mean something else?
TKS Ed

Is the truck running badly?

A quick Google search says P0101 is a MAF sensor issue.
Also says P0100 is something to the point of 'PCM detects issue with MAF circuit'.
Clean it (also clean the connector and apply dielectric grease), clear the codes and give it a try. Can't hurt.

Thanks Blert, I'll give it a go when it stops raining!

Get a better scanner..... Get the real code...

+^^^
Ditto.
Get a better OBD2 scanner that reads+displays full SAE Standard & Ford Proprietary info.
Click here for more info.

Thanks blert, 'cleaned the gizmotron and all is ok now. BTW do you know what (screw) driver is needed to remove the MAF unit?

Thanks Dillard and Todd, I feel the to use a tool 3 times in 10 years, it isn't worth $119. to me. I suppose there are others though.
Ed

Thanks Dillard and Todd, I feel the to use a tool 3 times in 10 years, it isn't worth $119. to me. I suppose there are others though.
Ed
Youll use it more often, after learning what all it can read and diagnos. On those MAF mounting screws, I've removed then with a broken bolt reverse thread tool then replaced with standard hex head screws.

Last edited:
... BTW do you know what (screw) driver is needed to remove the MAF unit?
You mean the pain in the ass screws that have a little dimple in the center so nothing fits in? Those are "security" or "tamper resistant" torx. Wish I could also tell you the size but I can't find my bit set (If you saw my garage you would not be surprised by this. I can't even get to one of my tool chests, so they are probably in there).

Last edited:

Latest posts