Check Engine

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R Harris

Reaction score
I have a check engine light. Codes P0171, P0174. 2001 ST Job 1. I have looked for the "elbow" with no luck. Saw where Job 1's don't have the "elbow". Just my luck. Where else might I have a vaccum leak or any other suggestions?

Thanks

Additional Info: Rough idle. Rough starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to do a quick visual inspection of your vacuum lines/hoses to make sure that there aren't any noticeable defects. I get to do the same thing here as soon as it stops raining. If I find anything, I'll post it in the "update on the supercharged trac" forum feed, but chances are that my problem won't be the same as yours. Good Luck.

Job 1's have always been an issue with this code. Most use some sort of a spray like a carb cleaner or raw propane and work it around the hoses and intake gaskets. It is the best way I know to find the issue(s).

Another way I have found vaccum leaks...I use a spray bottle of water and spray the vaccum hoses and connections one at a time, with the engine running. The water will be sucked into the engine and it will stumble...