Check out my Rack... =)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
I decided to change the look of the Trac a little and picked up a Yakima Load Warrior locally for a great price. Then I bought the spare tire carrier and was able to mount one of my LT285/75/16 tires as a spare on the roof. The tire carrier has been discontinued and it was a nightmare to find. I think I bought the last on in the US :D

Let me know what you think. More pics in my library if you are interested.

George

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Very nice! How about that Yakima fairing? What did you do with it? I would like it if you don't want it anymore! :D Put it to good use rather than letting it sit and collect dust George! -DD ST

Nice rack dude!!!!

Thought you went to annes moms house today?????

Tire still hold ing air we mounted i see!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looking good!

Paul H

Looks good....

Not to bad of a hand only, no machine tire mount if I don't say so my self.....LOL

Todd Z

This was my project for yesterday. It was a lot easier getting the tire up there than I thought.

I forgot to mention that the tire was mounted to the rim in Todd Z's garage with the help of Todd and Paul. Who needs a machine :D

Thanks guys!

DD, I will let you know about the fairing. I will probably keep it a while to make sure this is the way I want to go.

George

Scott,

Here is a pic of the top and bottom of the tire mount. There is a long bolt with a "J" that hooks into a loop on the bottom plate. The bottom plate is attached directly to the basket with 4 brackets. Then you just tighten the huge wing nut on top and secure it with a padlock.

Woppy, there is a very noticeable amount of noise when driving with the windows open, especially on the highway. I did get the fairing and what Yakima calls windjammers to cut down as much of the noise as possible. Just crank up the radio. :D

George

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts