Check out redesigned 09 F150...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Found this person's post from another site I happened to browse by. The new F150 looks really good. I'm just wondering what kind of engines it will have available (though I think it'll sell regardless, just on exterior and interior aesthetics).

The pics are on page 2 of the thread, if the link doesn't take you there directly:

I'm not crazy about this new design as far as the exterior goes. The front end looks very stout and similar to the new Chevy Silverado. I never really liked the Super Duty headlights and I think it looks even more awkward on the F-150. I think the other grille options (about half way down the page) looks better than the top picture. I actually like the concept drawing in the link better than the production pictures. Granted, I'm sure it will sell, like Trac_511 said. The interior pictures look awesome and I'm sure Ford will match it up with the proper powertrain.

Not bad. They'd really, really refined the truck segment. From the inside, and ignoring some of the extreme creature comforts, that's nicer than most non-current Lincoln Navigators.

What's with all the chrome crap lately? I thought chrome went out of style in the 1970's. My dad, a 1950's body shop man, says chrome was a way car companies to hide pitted surfaces and cover hard-to-paint parts.

Next thing you know, they'll be putting cheap-looking fake woodgrain on the side of cars and on dashboards again.

The chrome "styling" is like clothing styles. It goes away then comes back. The industry seems to be leaning to back to the basics of things Well Fords anyway. "Lets give a modern appeal with the flash of the past, with some style"

Don't be suprised if that wood grain look doesn't reappear at some point :)

I DO like that not so curvey look! (squared body style look from the seventies) I like the truck, inside and out!

Having extra chrome is a trendy thing. Don't worry Mark, it'll be played out in a few years (maybe to a more black-out appearance). I don't mind chrome bumpers though, which should be unpainted on a truck IMO.

[Broken External Image]:

Just under the 4x4 select switch, it looks like an integrated trailer brake controller. Not sure if I am a fan of the space shuttle amount of buttons on the dash. . .

As for woodgrain, there was a PT Cruiser that had the woodgrain. Now, if someone came out with something using real wood again they might have a seller.

Thanks for the sneak peak. I have to say another Ford product has dissapointed me again. The current Sport Trac is what made me buy my first GM in 15 years.

I like the current F-series, but this new look does nothing for me.

STylin',

I could not agree with you more. If this is all the overpaid design team can do, then they need pink slips.

You can only pretend like the issue is the unions when really the issue is internal and has little to do with union labor.

If Ford really built some exciting cars, they would be right back on top. Unfortunatly, they just don't get it.

Tom

I consider the 09 a "mid-cycle refresh" rather than a new, from-the-ground-up model. As a mid-cycle update I think it's great. I think the F150 is an already very good looking truck inside and out and you can only do so much cosmetically, but I think Ford did a decent job. I can't say enough about the 150's interior. I've always loved it. I do hope Ford has a very competitive V8 available for it.

I'd be disappointed if Ford's answer to the new Tundra and Silverado is a cosmetic-only update. I really hope they've got a kick-a$$ powerplant for it.

I consider the 09 a "mid-cycle refresh" rather than a new, from-the-ground-up model. As a mid-cycle update I think it's great. I think the F150 is an already very good looking truck inside and out and you can only do so much cosmetically, but I think Ford did a decent job. I can't say enough about the 150's interior. I've always loved it. I do hope Ford has a very competitive V8 available for it.

I'd be disappointed if Ford's answer to the new Tundra and Silverado is a cosmetic-only update. I really hope they've got a kick-a$$ powerplant for it.

They claim it is a ground up re-design, stating that everything has been changed on it. . .

As for powerplant, no release of numbers to this point, which leads me to suspect that we are still going with a bottom of the pack engine when compared to the other 1/2 tons. One rumor says that the new engines won't be released until 2010.

I threw up in my mouth a lot when I saw that interior pic of the dashboard.

What the hell is Ford thinking with all the buttons?

They used to say that they considered guys wearing work gloves driving their trucks when designing the controls and buttons.

You just KNOW that all that brushed aluminum is going to look like hell when it gets smudged and scratched.

The interior looks sort of cool, but I agree that it really has no functionality as a work truck. I'd be afraid to bring dirt in it, it's too susceptible to dirt and damage. It is no work truck. I have yet to see a work truck that didn't have at least one glaring body dent and be covered in dirt....I have also not seen many non-white work trucks. The chrome on the exterior, and the really oversized grille don't cry work truck...it looks like a vehicle for people who want to look "manly", yet don't use the manly features of the truck, namely the bed (and likely that integrated brake controller).

The interior would be better on a minivan or a non-offroad based suv (cough all of them), but I was thinking rav4 or liberty...their interiors that I've seen resemble this anyhow.

I see a lot of trucks with crew cabs fitted with dvd players around where I live, and the assumed father who drives the truck just uses it to ferry his kids around; a vehicle that works as a sedan or minivan, but is for the man who doesn't want to be a "soccer dad".

Seriously, who came up with trucks with dvd players as stock options? That just screams mininvan...not to mention that I don't like how the ceiling option blocks out the rear view mirror.

I won't be buying this truck, but that's just my almost weightless 2 cents.

The front end looks like a chev with a ford badge o well if you cant beat them might as well look like them:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ford still has not released any powertrain numbers, this leads me to believe it will be the same engine as the current model has. Rumors are claiming it has been bumped from 300 to 310 hp. . .wow. The competition are all close to 400.

Latest posts