chrome roof rack '04

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Keller

Reaction score
i have an '04 black xlt with chrome nerf bars and nicely polished alumnium mag wheels and i was wondering if their was anyway to replace the stock roof rack with a chrome one to accent the other items i have. their has been alot of talk thrown around with the new '07 chrome option and it just got my curiosity to see if anyone knew of anything like that id like to know about it.

Kyle, I asked about the same thing a few months back. Response that I got from most people was that there is no option or after market company that will make the chrome roof rack. Only thing I got was that you would have to make them your self.

hope this helps. however, if you get an answer, pleae forward it to me as i would like to do it myself.

patrick pierobon

Here is a sight that sells a chrome painting kit, it is expensive[ a little less then 200 dollars] but that would be cheaper then buying a whole new product. _ Ron

wouldnt it be a little risky? i mean after a while wouldnt the paint maybe peel off or something? I'm willing to buy it and apply it but i dont want to spend 179 $ for something that doesnt stay on or anything. thanks for showing me that link i will look into it further.

You can look for a chrome shop in your area. Might be alittle more expensive, but I would expect it to hold up better than the paint.