chrome

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle Keller

Reaction score
2 chrome questions I would like to have answered:

1. I have asked on here about a chrome roof rack for my '04, but some said they dont make one and some suggested maybe painting it. I thought and looked at Duplicolor and saw they have chrome paint. Has anyone used this before? I would like some details on it.

2. JBA headers from EE: chrome or the ceramic silver?

Chrome paint is nothing like real chrome, I have used it and it looks like galvanized metal to me....

The headers can be found cheaper than EE, but I would not get any thing other than the ceramic or titanium.....

Don't expect a HUGE increase from the headers, you may net 3 HP....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Todd..I wouldnt waste the money on the headers..

A friend put headers on his V6 Bronco II a few years back.. He said he didnot gain anything...

well is there a better brand out there that i can get? Hedman, Gibson or are they basically all going to give me the same results?

The only set are made by JBA......

The reason for the low gains is that the ST exhaust manifolds are like tubular headers, and they are almost the 5/8 dia any way.....

I have held off buying them because of the gains and the cost, But I will eventually get them.......

Todd Z

ok thanks todd for the info on the headers. about the paint.. if i want that mirror look like chrome gives you, then i shouldnt go with the Duplicolor? i dont want it to look silly because i have chrome nerf bars and it would look like crap if it looks like galvanized metal

Yeah, don't go with the duplicolor, it looks like silver paint. You'd be better off getting the pieces actually chrome plated, but with them being textured it might not turn out that good either.