Cleaning Front Hub ABS Sensor-Anyone Had Luck?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Schultz 2

Reaction score
Sorry for the big lead-up. So was getting right wheel grab at almost stop. Learned that it was left wheel problem after swapping out almost-new right hub with new one. Put almost-new one on left side and all seems good. So now both hubs are less than a year old. Original left hub seems to be in great shape bearing wise. Came off easy so no removal damage. I remember the cap screw in the old right hub, in which the bearings were bad, wouldn't come out and broke or striped-can't remember. Good bearing old left hub cap screw came out no problem. Popped the sensor out only to find it in great shape-mostly just grease on the end of it. Has anyone had any luck simply cleaning this type of sensor and reinstalling it? It is a recommended practice to R@R the rear axle sensor after cleaning it and inspecting for shavings. Tad bit cheaper than a new hub!

I service my brakes twice a year or more if the wheel comes off for some reason. All my calipers move like a hot knife thru butter. Other than an overly tight LS parking brake freezing yesterday, I have no brake function issues.

Latest posts