CLICK CLICK

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshua Mercer

Reaction score
Ok, Ive been having some odd issues lately, I have an 04 ST, and when i hop in the truck to start it, all the bells and whistles light up and chirp, except the engine wont turn over. All there is, is a clicking sound. Only error displayed on my HUD is "check fuel cap", which I did, and seems fine. Also the volts of the Battery on the HUD is in the middle, and the needle isnt stuck as it drops when the engine is off. Radio, ac, lights, all that work fine. Ive banged the alternator, but still no go. Any ideas?

Be sure your battery cables are good & clean, check or replace the battery, and then consider the starter...

I am guessing you have a starter issue as long as you have good connections. It could be the starter relay but in a nutshell it still comes back to removing the starter. If it was a PATS issue I don't believe you would get any clicking as no power would be reaching the starter.

I have an 05, and just had to replace the stock battery for simular issues you are having. After I replaced it, everything went back to normal. It appears the ST does some really strange electrical things when the battery is getting old...

Battery connection or bad battery...

Todd Z

Latest posts