Cloth seat wear

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean Hedin

Reaction score
Generally I've found the stock cloths seat on my 2003 sport trac to have held up pretty well.

After upgrading to a deluxe center console this past weekend I noticed in the center panel of the driver's seat, right where my wallet is in my right rear pocket the fabric was "fuzzing up".

It looked awful.

Here's what i did: Using a single sided razor blade I pulled on the tufts and shaved them off.

After I finished i ran a lighter flame over the area to singe any remain short hairs remaining so as to seal them off.

Worked out nice and the seat looks new. I'll now throw my wallet in the center console to prevent future wear.

Your free tip of the day...

Yep. That's what worked for me as well:)

..until I looked in the back where the kiddos had sat for years. Frayed everywhere.. I figured I'd use my propane torch for quickness:banghead: Worked ok until I started rushing. Needless to say I burned right though the seat in one place and also the high heat melted the material into like a hard plastic in some areas. The kids say it would scratch/irritate their legs. Still looking/saving for seat covers some day. :smack:

I find that velcro on pant rear pockets. Fuzz up the lumber area of the seat.

Thanks Dean, I will try the tip.:supercool: