Clutch Packs

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p eddy

Reaction score
Took my '04 Trac in last week to have them check out the "grinding" I was experiencing on low speed turns. And I mentioned the TSB re: the Power Steering Pump. They say the clutch packs need to be replaced.

My question: Is this a common enough problem that they could go again?. Warranty expires in 6 months and I don't even want to think what it would cost to have them replaced when it comes out of my pocket.

patrick

Mosh haven't had to have them replaced the second time....

I recommend buying a second bottle of friction modifier from the parts department and add it to the rear at your next oil change...

ALSO ask them their procedure for breaking in the packs....

Todd Z

is this a commom problem with the ST, a i just bought a 02 ST 4WD, 71K miles, and notice a slight vibration or stutter at slow speeds when the front wheels are turning (parking lot speed ??) I have heard of this similar problem with the F150, of which i have an '00 Lariat which i have added the friction modifier to the rear end at least once since buying it new

Saw on this web site where it could be the PS pump needs replacing per TSB 04-2-7 so wondering if I need to do the friction modifier or the PS pump, or both,

Latest posts