Code PO171 & PO174 (check engine light)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwain Hagan

Reaction score
Ok, I posted yesterday about my check engine light coming on, the the o/d light flashing, and funny shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Today, engine ran rough at start-up and check engine light still on.

Shifting started off the same way but now it shifts fine.

The flashing o/d light is off.

Auto zone checked it and I got PO171 and PO174, running lean.

I am just 'bout confused here.

Any ideas before I get raped at the shop?

thanks,

Dwain

Here is your engine code solution as long as you have a 2001 Job 2 or later...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I've got an "02. I'll go check it and see if that could be the problem. Thanks ya'll. I'm not talking to you joycie...I don't like your answer...lol

Hey CoastieJoe, what if you have a 01 job1. I have this problem and I've tried everything,, I can think of:blink:

Billm506, whole new world on the O1 Job 1.

I do not recall the solution. One member did TONS of stuff but did get it fixed. He did post the answer. I am on my PDA right now so I can't do a search for you. I suggest you do so, you should find the post....

Good luck to you...

From there:

re: Check Engine by joycie Member Profile,11/15/2005 11:18 PT

I also have an 01 ST job 1. It's your IAC motor. replace it.

:blink: Well I changed the IAC,MAF, the CTS (I think I changed the right one, located just behind the thermostat housing), changed air and gas filters,checked for vacuum leaks,cleaned throttle body and PCV, Still NG..... Hate to go to the dealer but I may not have a choice. Anybody got anymore suggestions ????? It has to be something I am missing

Thanks to this site I was able to fix this same problem as pictured above. I went to Advanced Auto Parts and bought: “CURVED RADIATOR HOSE” part number (A)70001CS. It fit perfectly with absolutely no modifications at all and cost less than $5.00. My Trac is running better than ever. Be sure to buy the part first as your Trac won’t run without it. This can be done without tools however I had to use a utility knife to cut away the old hose. Also, because I have big hands then I removed the dust cover to allow me a little more room to work . Still, the whole process took less than 10 minutes not including travel time to the parts store.

Latest posts