codes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curt trac

Reaction score
Hi everone,,, was wondering if i can get some help with my 02 exploder sporttrac 4.0L ... I have a code = P0113 - Intake Air Temperature (IAT) Circuit High Input... where do I begin to to trouble shoot? Thanks

Curt using a scanner you can monitor the voltage but normally a shop would have to do that, and the cost can be a lot.

You can try to find what the voltage should be and read it with a volt meter

OR just replace the IAT sensor.....

Todd Z

Threaded into the intake is an Air Charge Temperature Sensor. It is what records the ambient air temp coming into the engine. The older sensors on Ford use to fail often, thru the years Ford did a better job on designing them and they are a much better unit.

I would check to see if the plug is plugged in and the condition of the plug before you go nuts with spending money. The older sensors use to cost like 12 dollars was all. So if your intake filter is clean and nothing lugged up in the intake path for the money I'd install a new sensor simply because they are so cheap. If that dos not fix it (don't forget to clear the code), then you will need to get to a shop so they can scan the system.