Coil Pack & Livewires Install-Thumbs Up!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkDawn Houlahan

Reaction score
I just wanted to add my comments here. I just installed the Performance Distributors Screamin' Demon coil pack and Livewires kit (directly from Performance Distributors as an early prototype before Zabteck had them) and it made so much of a difference even my wife noticed!

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Dawn said it starts easier, idles smoother, and has a bit more performance (seat of the pants). All in all, a good upgrade. Was some of it due to aging plug wires? Probably, but I've used the Performance Distributors stuff many times before on other projects. You can't go wrong with their stuff...

HTH...

Mark

Looks Good, and now that the wire's come in colors , it can LOOK even better...

I like the zip tie wire looms.... HAVE you seen the ones PD sells for the live wires ???

Those are nice too...

Todd Z

Hey Todd, yup, I've used the billet looms before on the Mustang, but I didn't bother for Dawn's truck. The one tie wrap has an arrow head and latches into the intake hole where the stock holder was. You know how the rest of the tie wrap holder is made... :p

Rodger, I do try to use synthetic when I have some extra at the shop, but sometimes we're in a pinch and the wife just heads to Midas, etc. for an overdue oil change...

I already have a Pro-M 75mm bullet with cold air kit on it, so maybe the throttle body down the road... :D

Mark