Cold Sick Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Hi,

I have an 03 that has started acting up recently. The weather has turned bitter cold around here and she doesn't want to start up and idle. In other words, when I twist the key it cranks more than it used to, then when it finally start running and the rpm's drop, it will hover around 500 rpm then stall. The problem would stop when the trac was warmed up. I cleaned the throttle body and cleaned and lubed the iac. I thought I had it licked, it still idled rough until it was warm but it didn't stall. Then yesterday, it stalled on the am start up. Should I just bite the bullet and purchase a new iac?

Did you check the common vacuum elbow ????

Todd Z

Use search type in "elbow" select 180 day range and look at the thread from Jay D for pictures.

Just to the LEFT of the 4.0 cover over the throttle body there is 5/8 diameter elbow....

Take it off and look at it.... You can not look from the top, beceause the bottom is what normally cracks..

Hope this helps.

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

once the cold moved in my S/T started doing the same thing, i cleaned out my IAC, that fixed the problem...the ST is running more smooth now than it did in warm weather...its a simple project and there is a write up on it here too...i suggest you do that immediately.