CompUSA going-out-of-business clearance

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipTrac_511

Reaction score
Out here in Southern California, CompUSA is going out of business. I don't know if you other states have this store but they're clearing out everything. But the only item I thought was worth buying was Windows Vista Home Premium Full (whew) for $150. Just a head's up for you PC enthusiasts out here.

I keep meaning to run thru, just have not had the chance too.

Don't really need anything but it is always nice to look around.

Same here in NY....

I hate that store any way, I always tried to avoid them If I could...

Todd Z

the one here in syracuse, nywent under already, about 3 months ago. I got a good deal on blank cd-r's. Otherwise, like Todd said, I always avoided that store.

Here in PA too...last time I went a few weeks back their sales were only down to about 15% off, which is still too high priced, especially since they aren't accepting returns.

TJR

Been going on for 6 weeks here. Even with their closeout prices they are higher then Frys. Good riddance to them.

I hadn't heard about it prior to this message--but yeah, they're closing here in MN too. And over lunch, I ran over, and got a good deal on a 19" monitor that my wife and I have been looking at getting anyway! So thanks for posting this!!!

I was at our local CompUSA on my lunch. The only thing that seemed interesting was a $498 37" Olevia LCD tv. Only problem was it was max 720p. Oh well. Other than that, still high priced crap mostly (not that Olevia isn't crap).

I am currently supervising 2 closing stores for the liquidation company in the Cleveland, OH area. I can tell you that the deals are getting better day by day, but the selection is getting worse. So if you are in the area stop in say hello. You will see my 07 Carbon in the lot. :)

So if they're closing so many stores around the country, do they need to give up the "USA" in their company name? I've always felt that any company that has "America" or "USA" in its name should be required to have stores in locations nationwide--anything short of that, and their name is false advertising. For example, "Bank of America" isn't. Nor is "US Bank".

Unfortunately, they were the only large computer store in the area. While CompUSA's prices were high, they were convenient for picking up small parts, such as fans, in an emergency.