Console Question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marsha marke

Reaction score
hey guys can you take a look at this post i did on the explorer forum.....and give me your two cents. thank you.

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=EXPLORER&VIEW=1111179

Did you buy the vehicle new or used? If used may be for an Ipod or Sat radio or the like. Does the hold that was cut in look factory or shade tree mechanic?

we bought this explorer used and had the console exactly like in the picture. the hole in the center console where the wire is is in fact a factory cut hole, my husband said there was a cap to cover it, if found it accidently when removing that black rubber mat in the compartment to clean out the dust. In his 02 Explorer (vehicle in question) he has the overhead console that has rear air in it..in the harness there are 2 wires first wire being blue and white stripped, and second wire being solid black.

I think its a plug for an extra power point or cigarette lighter, you could test it easy enough with a voltage meter. If you can get a better picture of the plug and location I could tell better.

Latest posts