Console Removal.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boodrodon Dykes

Reaction score
Ok, so Im trying to remove my High Series Console (Whole thing). I Followed this exactly http://www.mysporttrac.com/mysporttrac/projects/carpet/Carpet_Project.html, but when I try and slide it back, it wont move. (ive managed to move it a centimeter or 2, but thats it). It seems like there is something holding it down, under the Storage compartment on the floor. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks in advanced.

Boodro

Boodro,

There are two bolts holding it down under the cup holder area, and two smaller bolts or screws attaching it to the dash. Did you remove those too?

If my memory is correct, those are the only bolts holding it in place. Maybe you just need to tap it with a mallet to break the metal tabs loose from the floor slots. They might just be stuck a little.

Eric- I removed all of those screws. It seems stuck by something, after dinner, ill go and give it some toughness. I think its a little stuck too.

Boodro

Should be that the only thing holding it now are the clips on the floor. If at any time anything sticky, such as a soda, was spilled then you are going to have to tug hard or take the insides out of the storage to see what is holding it down. Ron

I finally got it out. I took a hammer to a spot and that seemed to help a little bit, but i finally got to the point where I didnt care if it broke or not, so I pulled and pulled and it finally came out.

boodro

Ron- I am going to make a custom Fiberglass console. It will hopefully be done in 3 weeks. Summer is busiest time at my work, and with freetime for friends, gf, and family; its hard to find time to work on it, so it'll take a while. Go here. This was my design for it.

http://mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=876419&REPLYCOUNT=12&sitename=mysporttrac

Boodro