Console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Harris

Reaction score
I have a question about the different types of consoles for my 2005 SP. I have the console with the bag in it. I have found a full console from a 2003 SP that appears to be the high series. It is one full piece that looks like it would cover my ash tray area under the dash. It also appears to have a cig. outlet on the right side. My interior is the gray color and it appears the high series is also gray. Are the "grays" the same? I can get it for $50.00. Will it fit my SP? I know to also get the brackets for the high series (if it is a high series).

If this works, I will have a bag to get rid of. Les gets first crack at it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, $50 is a sweet deal! Yes, it IS a high series console. Check out the project linked below. I believe all of the Sport Trac grays are the same shade.

James:

If you end up doing the console swap, I would be very interested in getting the front portion of your old console (the small section under the ashtray/lighter).

Keep me posted. Thanks.

Shawn

Ok guys, I went to the junk yard and got the console and what I believe are all the parts. The pictures are in my library for you to look at, Does it appear I have all the parts? Where is the best place to find an iinstall diagram?

S-C-O-R-E :banana:

:boohoo: Looks like you got it all but you didn't have to take it apart nearly that far. Bright side is now you know all about the high series console!:grin:

Where is the best place to find an install diagram?

Do you need something not included in the link to the project I posted above?

Would a Explorer 2008 Console Work on 2003 Explorer Sport Trac

Can't answer that one. The short console "might" but the full length "probably" not but really IDK.