console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We modified the lower half with pieces of wood to each side of the tv. Covered the whole thing in fabric and fiberglassed it.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

For mine, I bought an extra high-series console. Cut the front half off, then built a new front end. The Sport Trac badge is actually a lid that flips up, which hides a retractable 8" monitor.

[Broken External Image]:

Look in my library for construction pics if you're curious for details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryan Eylander built mine. The way I understand it, he cut the top of the console off where the screen was to be installed, and created a "frame" out of plexiglass that was the same size and shape as the screen, then he used fiberglass resin to mold it all together, and sanding smooth to get the shape. I think that's how he did it anyway, you might want to email him to see for sure.

[Broken External Image]:

www.glassmanscustomforum.com Guys check this site out. It should have most of the fiberglass info you need. If I can help you with anything just holllllllla...lol I just finished building my dash and I am working on a new console now. The worst part is getting the finish perfect to paint. I will post some pics when all is done. :)

Last edited by a moderator: