Control Arm Question (and Tie Rods)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay I have another stupid question. Is the passenger side upper c-arm supposed to look dramatically different than the driver side?

Mine is very different.

The old one is on the top of the picture and the new one is the one on on the bottom.

[Broken External Image]:

Here are some more close up pictures

It looks like it is two pieces that someone welded and screwed together

[Broken External Image]:

Here is a close up of the screw

[Broken External Image]:

Does everyone's look like that on the passenger side?

So what the heck happened? Did they run out of the right ones and they said.. "Hmmm we will put one of these on the driver side and this hodge podge made up one on the passenger side. They will never know."

Obviously from my post I do not know enough about mechanics of a truck but that thing just did not look safe to me. It looked like the welds could easily break and the bolts come apart. Then my tire would beat me to the exit ramp on the freeway.

I know he hates working on my truck but I am really glad hubby took the time and knuckles to fix this one.:wub:

Did anybody else notice those shocks??? Now that you have taken care of the weaving, you need to take care of the bobbing. You gotta get rid of those, pronto.

The shocks are brand new, we put those on only a few months ago. EDIT: And those were a chore too. You had to be a contortionist to get to the bolts that held those stupid things on there and god forbid if you had big hands. END EDIT

The other ones were so bad that I could compress them with my weak little arms, and they did not spring back. It was like riding on,,,,, hmmm, riding on nothing I guess.

Like the old wagons in the wagon trains.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts