Convert SWF file to JPG

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Lehuta

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a graphics question for all the Photoshop people. I'm into a sport/hobby called geocaching, basically using a handheld GPS unit to find and log hidden "caches" around town or even the world.

I had a logo made for myself and the final version has been sent as a SWF file. I want to use the logo for things such as my avatar and to also to have some T-shirts made and things called "sig" (signature) items to leave in some of the caches that I find. I want to convert the SWF file to a JPG file and can't figure out how to do it. I can open the SWF file in my browser (Mozilla) but I can't open it in Photoshop. I have to believe that a program such as Photoshop can open and even convert a SWF file?

Anyway, I want to place a T-shirt order and the vender needs the graphic file to be a JPG so I need to figure out how to convert this thing, does anyone have any ideas? Oh yeah, I have Photoshop CS, ACDSee 7.0 and my browser is Mozilla which will let me open the file but not save it as anything.

Thanks for the help,

Steve

I don't really know how to do but I'd bet I can figure it out if you want to either upload the file to your library or email it to me.

SWF is a flash format which I do some flash/web design in my spare time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest way for you sig would be to open up the file, display it on your screen and then press the print screen button on your computer. Next, go into paint or photoshop, and hit <cntrl>v to paste the image there. You can then do whatever you want with it.

T-shirt you'd want a higher resolution, so you'd have to digging for a convertor.

Thanks Paul, I just tried the mix-fx download and not sure the software is able to do what I want just yet but I'll mess with it more.

Jacob, I sent you an email with the file attached, if I could get a JPG with a print dimension of 24" by 24" (which should be larger than I'll ever need-hopefully!) that would be great, I can always resize it smaller from there. If 24 by 24 isn't doable then smaller is OK but I would prefer to keep the image larger since it's easy to resize it smaller.

Statik13, great idea and it's easy! Never knew I could do that, the only problem is that right now, the only way I can actually see the image is by opening it in my Mozilla browser so when I select print screen an d paste it in Photoshop then crop out the browser window so just the logo shows I end up with a 650 pixel by 650 pixel image which is too small. I love the idea though. Do you know if the same way can be used to get a 2100 by 2100 pixel image? This is what the vendor that is making some T-shirts for me wants.

Thanks again for all the help!

Go back to the company that made the logo in flash and tell them you want a JPG version and give then your size requirements.

Sure, it will cost you a couple of bucks, but then you get a first-class image...not something jaggy that was rescaled.

TJR