coolant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Esmaya

Reaction score
I have an 02 sport trac with a green coolant. my question is can I get this coolant in the auto parts store? I've read in the threads here that the 02 has the gold colored. I'm the 2nd owner but I got the truck when it was only 1 year old & the only thing that was replaced was the oil & erery thing else is still oem. With the incoming cold weather I want to change the coolant asap.thanks,

Danny :)

Yup get the prestone pre mix....

OR I recommend distilled water and the Prestone 100% and mix your self...

Todd Z

My 02 came stock with green, but it sould have changed with certain production dates. I don't recall mine at this moment, but when I head out I'll see if I can find it.

Danny I didn't see my production date, but I did make the purchase in April of 02. The coolant was green and thats what I still use. Sorry I couldnt be more helpful.

Green is common, although the new Preston (yellow jug) says it's compatible with anything. I used that to flush my wife's 2003 Taurus last fall and my uncle's 1996 Grand Marquis just last week.

My 2002 sport trac specs for coolant (from my owners manual) states that I can use the green ford spec number is ESE-M97B44-A, or the gold ford spec number WSS -M97B51-A1

The green Prestone Antifreeze/Coolant meets or exceeds the performance requirements of the following specifications: Ford ESE-M97B44-A

Although ford states either can be used as long as coolant is fully flushed, they do not recommend mixing the two. .