Creaky '07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any idea exactly what this would be. I will say, however, that my '05 is as creaky as any vehicle I've ever driven or ridden in. I can't tell where it comes from, there are just squeaks and groans. It was a big let down- even with over 100K, my '00 Explorer was as solid as could be- no squeaks, etc.

Most of my trucks and SUVs have creaked: 93 S10 Blazer, 99 Dodge Dakota, 07 ST (just creaks a little since it's new).

It seems to be in the suspension, and seems to be on the drivers side, though that's always hard to tell when you are in the vehicle.

Mine doesn't creak at all, BUT it makes a very scary noise when I drive up a ramp (like into a drive way) with the wheels turned all the way to or near to the stop.

I mean scary screech-like sound. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
wwashing - same problem here, just don't pin the wheels against the stops. It's the metal stops rubbing between the frame and suspension. Apparently, you can grease this but I haven't.

Unholy - I don't have a problem with noise in my 07ST and I'm ready to roll over 12k miles. Definately time for the dealer to investigate.