Cruise Control Noise

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynthia Grant

Reaction score
Recently my 2003 ST 4WD started making a loud buzzing noise when I've got the cruise control turned on. Cruise still works, but makes that weird noise. I think the noise is mostly when going up hills (even slight ones) on cruise (I don't use it in very hilly areas).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks!

Yes my 2002 is doing the same thing. Just on up hill runs though. I noticed that the gas pedal was vibrating causing the noise. If you lightly rest your foot on or along side of the pedal the noise stops. I haven't investigated further as I realy don't use cruise control much. I will let you know when I find the cause.

Dennis

I have an 05 that does the same, thanks for the TBS, I'll check it out soon.!

I have been resting my foot on the gas peddal as well. It is a PITA on longer trips.

didn't take time to read the other responses cause im in a bit of a rush. pending your speed.. i had the same prob. it turned out to be slack in the throttle cable when the cruise control took over. i learnt that at 60mph i'd get the noise. to avoid i'd go a smidge slower or faster or rest the side of my foot against the gas pedal.

Huh! My throttle cable clip was upside per the TSB. I turned it the right way and the buzz went away. And to think, I've been putting up with that damned buzz for almost ten years and all it was was a 15 second fix.

I don't have the buzz nor have I looked at my clip but it's hard to believe that the clip turned upside down could cause such an annoying problem.

Glad it fixed yours Mark.:supercool:

Latest posts