Cruise Control Problems

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Free

Reaction score
Well my cruise control has been out for a while all it does is blink when I press the Set button. I finally got some time to check some of the things that were mentioned in past posts. I checked the fuses and made sure that I did not have the recalled switch and all of that is good.

Now I dont know what to do. I dont want to take it to the dealer and them charge me hundreds to fix the stupid cruise control but I drive a lot on the highway and would like to have it working.

What do yall think is the next thing I should do to try to fix it?

FYI: Both of the sets of side buttons are not lighting up.

tray to brake just before you hit the crouse switch

i had the same problem and this was the only way to drive with crouse,after a few weeks the problem fixt itself

The switch on the master cylinder had to be replaced on mine. The switch senses that the brake is depressed and disengages the cruise control. If the witch is bad you can not get the cruise control to work. It's a DYI type fix.

I couldn't find a project on this fix. Mike, how hard is it to do youself? Is it a OEM part from the dealer or something I can pick up from Autozone?

I am having the same problem as stated above.

Ok, here is my problem. The cruise control used to work sometimes, but not all the time. Everytime I pressed the "on" and then "set" button, the light in the cluster would blink, but not engage the cruise control. If I kept pressing it, it would ussually eventually work, but sometimes not work at all. Recently, when I push the button, the cruise light in the cluster does not light up. So when I push the "on" and then "set" button, it now not only doesn't work, but the lights don't blink anymore either. Do you think that this cruise control brake sensor is the problem? HELP!

It could also be the cruise control servo. It's the part that has the other cable that runs from your throttle body. The cable could be binding, too. The servo (OEM P/N 6L5Z-9C735-AA) runs about $195 at the dealer. The cable (OEM P/N 1L5Z-9A825-BA) is about $25.

Latest posts