cruise control

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Clary

Reaction score
I recieved this response from Ford when I inquired when Ford was going to correct the cruise control problem. I am aware that there is a fix that I could perform, but why is Ford delaying the corrections? We have been without the cruise control for the better part of a YEAR. Next time I empty my garages and refill them why would I choose Ford, after all they claim to be as good as Toyota. Isn't that ODD? Its a nice letter, I now feel just so warm and fuzzy all over knowing that they are getting right on the corrections.:angry:

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the availability of parts needed for the completion of the cruise control switch recall.

Parts for the cruise control switch recall will be available for trucks in early May 2008. You will receive a postcard from the recall headquarters instructing that you make an appointment with your dealer to have the recall completed.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this situation causes. We assure you that we are working with suppliers to resolve this issue as and expedite resolution as soon as possible.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sincerely,

Mike

Customer Relationship Center

Ford Motor Company

FWIW, the parts are now starting to show up at the dealerships. We've gotten some in ourselves. They are doing the jumper harnesses again on the non-leakers, but if the switch is leaking, they are replacing it. The issue was the harnesses that were released originally were only correct for half the vehicles out there. The new jumper harness has a fuse on both sides so it will work for any vehicle under these recalls.

Guess what guys, the lights on my 01 ST cruise control button does not light up anymore. The cruise control works, and when I tested the LEDs individually, the all light up, donno what's wrong. Anyone out there experiencing that? :huh:

Field Service Action (recall) 05S25 affects 2001 and 2002 Explorer Sports and Sport Tracs and several other vehicles. In fact, it affects many Ford vehicles built in the 1990's and some of the truck lines up to 2004, but the Trac is only affected for those 2 years.

Kendrick, there could be an issue with the clock spring. That is where the air bag, horn, and cruise control switches get their power directed from. It could also be a pinched wire in the column.

I filed a formal complaint with Ford Motor Company (Called their customer relations line and asked to file a formal complaint) last month about the lack of this fuse harness.. It got me absolutely nowhere.. no call, no letter, nothing... I have been waiting for mine since August 2007. Dick Smith Ford in Raytown MO "Has no idea when they will be in" Dont you think 8 months is too long to wait for a piece of wire, a fuse, and a couple of connectors?

I have been a Ford guy all my life, but in the last several years they dont seem to give a crap about their customers. They should just replace the switch, leaking or not, to get the issues fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roger, Where do the switches leak? Is it in the top, right at the terminals, or around the outer edge? I'm guessing at the terminals. I'm assuming that they just check for the presense of fluid. ??

Thanks,

Fred

Latest posts